Monday, August 19, 2013

Sssssewing in Progress

During the summer, I've planned a gazillion projects but due some unknown reasons (*cough*LAZYASSBITCH*cough*) I've not gotten all of them started. BUT I do have some stuff I've been making. Mostly I've practiced creating patterns and it's really paid off! Understanding how patterns really work and how stuff gets the way they are, it's actually easier to design too. So if you're struggling with getting new ideas with your designs, pick up an instruction manual for pattern making.

Just before the fashion show and the end of the school year, I made this, a loose top with a leather detail. I made the patterns myself by draping the fabric and even though it's not perfectly made ('cus I don't own an overlock sewing machine ;;^;; ), I actually love it! This is not a perfect pic of it, but in lack of a better one, it'll have to do, sorry~


 And look! I was browsing our local flea market and I came across THIS! An actual IVANA HELSINKI jacket/blouse/thingie that you can't sorta make out in my crappy pictures but srsly yaaaay! The print is gorgeous but the jacket itself was hideous so I bought it, took the seams apart and now the pieces are all neatly folded in my study and just waiting to be turned to something awesum! I can't wait to figure out what I'm going to do with it!


Pwettyyyyy... *3*


It looks like some sort of bathrobe....

But anyways, I've had fabrics for this for moths now and I finally got the balls to start it! I've had this shirt for ages and holding the cats on my shoulders isn't doing it any good. The back of it is all stretched and full or teeny weeny holes. I really like the shape of it but no place sells stuff like this so... why not make it myself?

Looks weird as hell don't it?

This is the goooooorgeous fabric I found on sale as a leftover piece in Eurokangas.

After making the pattern and cutting.....ready to go!

Buuuuuuuuuut as it normally tends to end, turns out, I was a bit thick. The fabric was somehow a bit not-so-stretchy or different from the original in some other way. The point is - I couldn't fit in the blasted thing. I even made the patterns a cm or two bigger so it would not happen but it bloody did. I was soooo pissed, but I couldn't have done it any other way, since I only had so much fabric.
Luckily, one of my friends came over that same day and I showed her the shirt and she loved it! Was a bit different from her style but hey, I got her to use color!

Here she is, looking beautiful in my not 100% finished blouse!

She asked me to widen the neck opening a bit and I still need to borrow my sister's overlock machine to clean up the seams. It was great to get the shirt to someone who'd actually want it and not even some random person. I get to keep and eye on my baby.... And it was so adorable how my friend was exited to tell everyone she's wearing a piece made by me :')

No comments:

Post a Comment